Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little honesty......

As Marlene mentioned earlier, Perceptual Control Theory is not a quick fix. It is a new way of thinking, and change is not easy or fast.

On Friday and over the weekend, I have felt like I used to when I came home from church camp. When I was in jr. high and high school, I would go to church camp for a week each summer and be inspired, only to step back into daily life, where it was much tougher to live out the ideals I aspired to.

Changing one's way of thinking is a process, and I'm only a few days into it. On Friday, I felt exhausted at the end of the day from being so conscious of every word and action and from asking so many questions! But the seeds have been planted, and I know it's worth it -- just like church camp.

Better go get everything ready for tomorrow morning. I don't HAVE to go to A.M. duty, I have the OPPORTUNITY to...LOL! :)

Go Pacers!

No comments:

Post a Comment